Thursday, June 19, 2014

London (about 10 days in.. whoops)

After our first day encountering a lot of the famous tourist spots by accident, we explored a bit of Piccadilly Circus (a Times Square type spot, with an M&M world and everything!), watched World Cup games at pubs, went through Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross, visited the Globe Theatre and researched the light railway system of Transport for London by meeting with some key staff who have been extremely helpful. We also met up with my cousin who lives here and works for Transport for London, and she took Mariana and I on the cable cars that cross the River Thames and we had an amazing view of the city.



 The stage was covered for the performance they were going to have that afternoon but the ceiling represents heaven, the floor earth and the part underneath the stage represents hell. The tour guide told us this, but my English teachers taught me well because I had remembered the importance of the stage and how the actors entered from the Shakespeare plays I read in school and saw with my grandparents in Buenos Aires.

                               
                                This is the spectacular view from the cable car:





No comments:

Post a Comment